Tuesday, November 6, 2007

IMs

I think IMs can be very useful in the world of education. I used IMs a lot when I first began to get technical. However, as my time is not as plentiful, I don't have the time to do it as much as I please. I see a lot of potential with using IMs in the classroom because you can have constant and instant communication with your students.

I have enjoyed working with my fellow classmates and IMing them when I am online about the class, about Walden, and about other issues we are all facing.

It has been very rewarding to use the IM and my children are also engaging in the use of IMs because again its free and easy to communicate across the world.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I also use IM with my teenaged sons. I find that they will respond instantly to a text message but will not always be able (or willing) to answer the phone and talk.

BeckyYard said...

Hi Marla-

I have a friend who used IM to keep up with her son who was stationed in Iraq. It gave her peace of mind and connected him with home. It is a very useful technology.

Unknown said...

Hi Marla, I like this blogging thing you are having us to do. It's different and exciting. On week 1 I have not learned anything that I did not already know. Everything discussed in chapter 1 is apart of our everyday lives.I work in a plant and I have to use the intranet to print out my check stubs. I also use e-mail every quarter to send my work to my instructors. I also talk on the phone everyday all day, and sometimes I may have to leave a message which are examples of oral communication.